1. I think ideas are important, not just fun and entertaining things to toss around once in a while but actually really important and crucial to every aspect of our lives.
2. I love modern architecture.
3. I wish I were better at mathematics because I think math is one of the most pure, beautiful, objective things there is and it’d be nice to have math to escape to every now and then.
4. I have played Princess of China almost every day for the past month.
5. I like to be alone. When I choose friends, they are people who I can preserve that feeling of being alone with, people with whom I can be my genuine self, who are doing the same. They don’t make me feel trapped, or stifled, or pressured. The best kind of company is the kind that allows you complete freedom and that’s how I know when I am going to be friends with a person. When I can be around them and exist as I want to. It’s hard to describe, but that feeling is how I know when I’ve found a true friend and it’s the most important thing to me.
6. I think history is still alive. The events may be over, the people may be dead, but the way we remember them tells us a lot about who we are today, now.
7. When I’m in a funk, I listen to Abba.
8. I’m not scared of growing older. It’s crazy to think after a certain age, the excitement is over. All I can think about is how even now all the crazy things that go on in my mind right now keep me entertained/ occupied/ worried/ excited. 10, 20, 50 years from now I’m only going to have more perspective and more to talk about. Plus, I plan to be a pretty active kick-ass old abuelita. All I’m saying is it’s not over till it’s over.
9. I love talking as long as we’re both genuinely interested in the conversation. It could be about the afterlife. It could be about cereal. But it has to be genuine. One of the worst things is having words come out of your mouth that just have no consequence, that filler kind of chit-chat to keep up appearances. I would rather just keep silent.